freetds - Re: [ freetds-Patches-596008 ] trusted tds7 login

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [ freetds-Patches-596008 ] trusted tds7 login
  • Date: 17 Aug 2002 07:27:48 +0200

Il sab, 2002-08-17 alle 02:26, Varley, David(CBorn at Alcoa) ha scritto:
> Freddy,
>
> I just pulled the latest from CVS with your changes, the mods to
> src/tds/Makefile.am seem to break things for me.
>
> When I clean and run autogen.sh, I get in part the following:
>

> Running autoheader...
> WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
> WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
> WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
>
> WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
> WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
> WARNING: `acconfig.h':
>
> WARNING: AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
> WARNING: [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
>
> WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
> WARNING: documentation.

What version have of autoconf.
This problem should happen with a very recent version.
This is a suggestion to change autoconf coding style...

> configure.in:18: warning: AC_ARG_PROGRAM invoked multiple times
> autoheader: `include/config.h.in' is unchanged
> Running automake --gnu --include-deps ...
> src/tds/Makefile.am:3: `lib_LTLIBRARIES' contains configure substitution,
> but `EXTRA_LTLIBRARIES' not defined

I fixed problem. Just remove @LIBICONV@ from LTLIBRARIES and append
$(LIBICONV) to LDADD (if you not have CVS access...).

> with the last line seeming to be the significant problem, and then
> when I make I get the error:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/users/cborn/src/ODBC/freetds_c7/src/tds'
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `-liconv', needed by `all-am'. Stop.
>

> This is on alpha Tru64. When I build on x86 Linux I get the same warning in
> the autogen,

Linux compile because LIBICONV is empty...

> but the make builds correctly and passes checks (except for ctlib t0003,
> which failed

I'll have a look to it.