freetds - Re: [ freetds-Patches-596008 ] trusted tds7 login

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [ freetds-Patches-596008 ] trusted tds7 login
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:08:25 -0400

> Applying this patch work either with normal login and domain login (not
> together... I not test this, nor I know if this is possible).
>
> I note also in src/tds/Makefile.am this line:
> LIBS = @LIBICONV@
> doing so do not include libraries added in configure stuff.
> Also we should add challenge.lo to libraries makefiles...
> Perhaps @LIBICONV@ should be added to lib_LTLIBRARIES...

i agree.

> I'm not very happy for this patch (as you note I have lowered priority)
> for previous reason and because I changed code using const pointer and
> calling tds_put_XXX (I changed this to const but I think this patch can
> wait future release).

going from char * to const char * is a small breakage (IIRC const is
simply syntactic checking, and the ABI doesn't care)...I'm not too
concerned about it. Actually, I'd rather get all the API changes out of
the way in the 0.60 release than continuing to break it in 0.61, 0.62.
Not sure if jim will agree with me here though, as I think he wants a
release this year. ;-)

> I think before applying this patch is best to fix other things...
> Should I put this on a higher priority?
> I not so a long work but need some test (see also my previous mail "Some
> API change")...

As it's off by default, impact is fairly low, we are not breaking anything
that wasn't already broken. ;-) So, not terribly high on my list, but I
see no harm. I'll let jkl make this call as well as he is the one doing
the release. It's quite a compelling feature as it allows lots of people
to use freetds where they couldn't convince the DBA to change the security
settings. I started working towards this last month but never finished
(my wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant right now, so my life is busy busy busy
these days).

> freddy77

Great work!

Brian