freetds - Re: [ freetds-Patches-596008 ] trusted tds7 login

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Varley, David(CBorn at Alcoa)" <David.Varley AT alcoa.com.au>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [ freetds-Patches-596008 ] trusted tds7 login
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 08:26:31 +0800

Freddy,

I just pulled the latest from CVS with your changes, the mods to
src/tds/Makefile.am seem to break things for me.

When I clean and run autogen.sh, I get in part the following:

Running autoheader...
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING: AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING: [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
configure.in:18: warning: AC_ARG_PROGRAM invoked multiple times
autoheader: `include/config.h.in' is unchanged
Running automake --gnu --include-deps ...
src/tds/Makefile.am:3: `lib_LTLIBRARIES' contains configure substitution,
but `EXTRA_LTLIBRARIES' not defined

with the last line seeming to be the significant problem, and then
when I make I get the error:

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/users/cborn/src/ODBC/freetds_c7/src/tds'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `-liconv', needed by `all-am'. Stop.

This is on alpha Tru64. When I build on x86 Linux I get the same warning in
the autogen,
but the make builds correctly and passes checks (except for ctlib t0003,
which failed
before anyway). I've been pulling CVS head changes and clean building at
least daily, with
good success rates until now :)

David