freetds - RE: freetds does not find my conf files

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Deutsch" <edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: freetds does not find my conf files
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:13:25 -0700

If you can fix that problem, I suspect your apache problem will go away,
too.

How are you accessing FreeTDS? Through Perl, you said?

When you built your client interface, did you perhaps have the
environment variable SYBASE pointing someplace besides
/usr/local/freetds

For DBD::Sybase, did you do:

setenv MODULE DBD-Sybase-0.94
tar -zxvf $MODULE.tar.gz
cd $MODULE
setenv SYBASE /usr/local/freetds
perl Makefile.PL
make

?

> From: StR [mailto:str AT strgt.cjb.net]
>
> > I recommend as a first step, removing that file and adjusting
> > /usr/local/freetds/etc/freetds.conf with whatever you have in
> > ~/.freetds.conf until it works for you. You should not need
> > ~/.freetds.conf.
>
> That's the problem.. if i copy my ~/.freetds.conf to
> /usr/local/freetds/etc/freetds.conf and then delete my ~/.freetds.conf
it
> stops working...
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as:
[edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org]