freetds - RE: freetds does not find my conf files

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Deutsch" <edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: freetds does not find my conf files
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:51:28 -0700

> From: StR [mailto:str AT strgt.cjb.net]
>
> On Wednesday 17 July 2002 17:40, you wrote:
> > So, is it true that it DOES work from the command line if you have:
> >
> > - NO interfaces file anywhere
> > - NO ~/.freetds.conf
> > - JUST /usr/local/freetds/etc/freetds.conf
>
> No.. i need to have a ~/.freetds.conf without it, it does not work

I recommend as a first step, removing that file and adjusting
/usr/local/freetds/etc/freetds.conf with whatever you have in
~/.freetds.conf until it works for you. You should not need
~/.freetds.conf.

If you want multiple users (i.e., yourself and "apache") to connect, it
would be best to all share just /usr/local/freetds/etc/freetds.conf
(special circumstanceds aside).

> about the permissions.. yes.. the www user has perms to read the file
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as:
[edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org]