freetds - progress on convert...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: progress on convert...
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:01:07 -0400

All,

I'm getting a lot further now.
leaving aside the error handling for a while, I've moved on to testing
many different conversions. I've added a few more (fairly trivial)
conversions, and have now moved on to the vexing issue of money types.

It seems to me that we are bit short in this area. As far as I could tell
the only money conversions we do (money to char) didn't really work
properly. A smallish value in a money column converts OK, larger values
got garbled.

To cut a long story short, I've decided to write a 64-bit integer library.
I hunted around the net and couldn't find anything published I could use,
so it's back to my school books!

I'll try to keep this on a different "thread" as it were, so that it
doesn't hold up a speedy implementation of the wider patch, but it will
come in useful if we ever want to implement the many dblib and ctlib
functions that allow programs to manipulate DBMONEY or CS_MONEY data
types.

Any help on this would be appreciated, though. If someone has such a
library I can use, it would save me some time, and help me to keep what
little hair I still have left!

best wishes,

Bill