freetds - Re: NUMERIC seems broken again

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: NUMERIC seems broken again
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 08:08:36 -0400

> I've diagnosed what I think the fault is with (my) code.
> But - before I fix it, my diagnosis suggests that in 0.53 numeric
> datatypes would have been broken for big-endian clients talking to SQL
> server 7 or 2K. This may well be the reason I decided to change this code
> (as that is exactly my configuration). Can anyone confirm this ?

Aaah, don't worry about this anyone, I've figured it out...The code in
0.53 should have been broken for numeric datatypes in the above scenario.
But in fact it was SO broken, that by luck it actually worked. You don't
want to know more than this , believe me....

I'll fix the CURRENT broken code, and a patch should be with you
forthwith.

Bill