freetds - RE: Losing last character of TEXT fields

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Losing last character of TEXT fields
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 07:20:38 -0400

All,

I think the root problem with tds_convert_text() is that it doesn't have
the logic necessary to make an informed decision on what to do with the
output.

We have logic in tds_convert_char()/tds_convert_any() to make decisions on
how to return the string output to the calling program, dependent on the
value of "destlen" passed in ( a positive length, -1 or -2 ). We should
put the same logic into any of the tds_convert_x functions which are
converting to a SYBCHAR/VARCHAR/TEXT output type

I'm happy to do this if you like (well I've pretty much done it already in
prototype), but it's a reasonable sized change...

Bill