freetds - RE: postscript and pdf versions of userguide

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: postscript and pdf versions of userguide
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:15:32 -0400

Me too.

> > Fifty-two pages? When did that happen?
>
> I was trying to figure that out myself. Plus we need to add
> sections on
> freebcp, tsql, SybSQL and Python need to be fleshed out, etc... I bet
> we'll hit 100 pages by the time 0.60 rolls out.

100? [sound of head smacking keyboard]

I'll be revising the UG tonight, mostly cleaning up tags and notational
things. I think we need an appendix describing UTF-8 theory and practice, a
resources section (links to perl, PHP, Gnu, Sybase, MS, mbay, like that),
and some boilerplate we've talked about before but haven't gotten around to.
In addition to what you said, of course.

Do you suppose you could add ps and pdf targets to doc/Makefile? I'd like
to be sure my system is set up in conformance to yours, and maybe I can
dodge learning about sgml->ps tools.

Regards,