freetds - RE: postscript and pdf versions of userguide

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sam Denton <denton AT wantec.com>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: postscript and pdf versions of userguide
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:06:21 -0500

How did the PDF get to be 52 pages? Let's see, there seem to be a large
number of pages missing the phrase "This page intentionally left blank",
specifically pages 2, 4, 40, 44, 50, and 52. Since these are all even
numbers, I'll presume that somewhere there's a formatting checkbox that says
to start chapters on odd-number pages.

Also, when viewed in Acrobat 5.5, the ink seems to be a little high on the
page, i.e. the header is overlapping the top edge of the paper and the
footer (page number) has a huge amount of whitespace between it and the
lower edge.

Minor nits: The thumbnails are all blank. Clicking on page number in the
TOC doesn't do anything. There's no index. None of the URLs are "live".

Aside from that, it looks real good!

Sam Denton, WAN Technologies, INC.
(314) 428-0888 / (800) 926-7771 Main Office