freetds - Re: Does 'connect timeout' option in freetds.conf work?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Does 'connect timeout' option in freetds.conf work?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:01:00 -0400

It appears to "almost" work ;-)

The code to handle timeouts is there, and the code to read the timeout
values from the freetds.conf file is there, but the two don't seem to be
hooked up.

You can set timeouts through the API calls though. I'll cook up a
permanant patch tonight, but roughly what needs doing is to modify the
tds_connect() function in login.c, create a integer variable at the top:

int connect_timeout = 0;

then sometime after calling tds_get_config() insert the following (just
ahead of "Jeff's hack" is where i'd put it):

if (config->connect_timeout) {
connect_timeout = config->connect_timeout;
} else if (login->connect_timeout) {
connect_timeout = login->connect_timeout;
}

Then just replace references to "login->connect_timeout" with
"connect_timeout" through the rest of the function.

Cheers,

Brian