freetds - Does 'connect timeout' option in freetds.conf work?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Nick Brandon" <nbrandon AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Does 'connect timeout' option in freetds.conf work?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:22:39 -0400

Reading the user guides suggests that an option 'connect timeout' is
available. Does this function work because the tests I'm doing at the
moment would suggest it isn't.
i.e. When trying to connect to a IP address of a server that is not
available. TDS waits until the linux network stack returns an error code.

I noticed in the source code of the latest TDS snapshot there is code
relating to the connect timeout option but not sure what exactly it is
doing.

Is there any changes I need to make before compiling to enable this code?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Nick