freetds - RE: Problems with image fields

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Steve Brown" <steve AT neteze.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Problems with image fields
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 12:29:42 -0700

Well, if there is no compelling reason to use MS SQL Server 2000 I would
suggest installing MySQL on the FreeBSD box and using that. It is stable and
well supported, the Apache <-> PHP <-> MySQL integration is very mature.
With M$SQL you really have no idea if all of your web servers will start
failing the next time MicroShaft decides that in order for you to get the
latest security update you must also install a "Service Pack" that includes
changes to the way the Universe works without telling anybody.

Storing images in MySQL is trivial and works fine.

Steve