freetds - Re: Cannot access MSSQL db

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT fax.sno.cpqcorp.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cannot access MSSQL db
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 11:36:47 +1000

mitch AT mdmiller.com wrote:
> Um ... Isn't Login incorrect a password / user id issue? Seems like the
> server responded just fine, and said "go away."

One might think so, but the connection refused just before that
generates the login incorrect. Given that the server address and port
number are thought to be part of the login information, from an upper
level one can imagine that login incorrect is meaningful.

I would prefer if the DB-Library did not say 'Login incorrect' when it
can't even connect to the server. ;-)

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT compaq.com)

http://www.linux.org/ http://www.linux.org.au/ http://www.freshmeat.net/