freetds - Cannot access MSSQL db

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "David Nordenberg" <dnordenberg AT users.sourveforge.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Cannot access MSSQL db
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 17:15:04 -0400

Hello. I have compiled freetds-current from today and compiled it into
PHP. Please look here to see how I compiled freetds and PHP:
ftp://kyit.dhs.org/linux/slackware/mod_php-4.1.2/source/SlackBuild

I installed the package and run apache stop and start. I created a entry
in /etc/freetds.conf which looks like this:
[dna]
host = dna.utb.net
port = 1433
tds version = 4.2

(tried tds version = 7.0 too)
And tried to connect with a PHP script and got this:
Warning: Sybase: A link to the server could not be established in
/home/dna/public_html/testing.php on line 7

Warning: -1 is not a Sybase link index in
/home/dna/public_html/testing.php on line 10

Warning: 0 is not a Sybase result index in
/home/dna/public_html/testing.php on line 11

My script I try to run it availible here:
http://kyit.dhs.org/~dna/testing.txt

I also got:
Connection refused
DB-Library: Login incorrect.
in apache's error_log

I tried multiple login accounts on the sql server and the password should
be okey. I get the same error whatever server I set in freetds.conf (even
when I try non existing ones).

What can be my problem?

Regards David Nordenberg