freetds - Re: placeholders in TDS 7.0?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: placeholders in TDS 7.0?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:13:14 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Actually running DBD::ODBC would *not* require a proxy connection to the
windows box. ODBC is simply an API, so there are numerous ways to
implement it. Using FreeTDS with DBD::ODBC would be logically the same as
using DBD::Sybase with the addition of a driver manager on the unix side.
It appears we are having a couple of minor glitches with the placeholder
support in DBD::ODBC, but hopefully we will have those resolved soon.

Brian