freetds - placeholders in TDS 7.0?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: wsheldah AT lexmark.com
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: placeholders in TDS 7.0?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:33:05 -0500

Hi,

I'm using freeTDS to access MS SQL Server 2000 from a perl module running on
an
intel linux box, via DBD::Sybase. freeTDS was compiled to use TDS 7.0.

The problem is when I execute a simple query that has a placeholder, like
"select name from mytable where id=?" in perl, I get the following error
message:
"Dynamic placeholders only supported under TDS 5.0"

Are they truly not supported under TDS 7.0, or should the test be changed to
check for TDS versions less than TDS 5.0 instead of only equal to TDS 5.0? Any
specific patches available, and if not, would this be safe for me to patch
directly? Thanks again,

Wes Sheldahl