freetds - help specifying non-standard port

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: wsheldah AT lexmark.com
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: help specifying non-standard port
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:40:22 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to use freetds to connect from an Intel/linux box to MS SQL Server
2000, which is running on a known non-standard port. Let's say it's 3333. Also
using TDS version 7.0.

I've confirmed that the server is listening to this port by telnetting to it.

When I run "make test" with perl's DBD::Sybase, I get lots of "Connection
refused" errors. Turning on freetds logging tells me it's trying to connect to
port 4000 and being refused.

I'm running Slackware linux, and freetds in installed in /usr/local/freetds.
$SYBASE points to this directory. I first tried specifying the port in
/usr/local/freetds/etc/freetds.conf, both in a custom server section and then
in
the globals section. Running make test with DBD::Sybase still attempted to use
port 4000. I then tried setting up an interfaces file at
/usr/local/freetds/interfaces, which specified the correct port. It also seems
to be ignored.

A test perl script that tries to connect with DBI, segfaults when it gets to
the
connect line.

How can I verify where it's getting it's port information from? I can't find
port 4000 in any of the scripts, and it truly baffles me; I would have
expected
a default of 1433. How can I force it to use the correct port?

Many thanks,

Wes Sheldahl
wsheldah AT lexmark.com