freetds - Re: Freetds/PHP/Freebsd/MSSQLserver 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tim Uckun <tim AT diligence.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Freetds/PHP/Freebsd/MSSQLserver 7.0
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:43:56 -0700

At 11:27 AM 3/14/2002 -0700, you wrote:

Somebody suggested I try compiling php --with-sybase-ct rather then --sybase I did this and the datetime fields report correctly Unfortunately it dumps core when you try and pull text fields or timestamp fields.

Well some good news at last.

If you compile php with sybase-ct AND you use TDSver 4.2 it no longer core dumps and seems to return valid dates.

I am wondering if TDSver 4.2 is good enough though. I know that there is old 255 character limit on 4.2 but are there any other concerns I should be worried about?

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
http://www.diligence.com/