freetds - freetds and php

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: gerhard.bremer AT gft.com
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: freetds and php
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 09:03:27 -0500

Hi all,

just had some trouble getting PHP running with ctlib. After some fiddling
around I found out that in tds7_send_login config->app_name and
config->host_name were passed in as NULLs which caused the strlen
statements to segfault. I worked around this by setting these two values
to some more acceptable values if they are NULL. Now connecting to
MSSQL7/W2K works just fine. Maybe someone more familiar with freetds could
look for a more mature solution to this (fix in ctlib?).
I also tried connecting to MSSQL2K using TDS 7 but no go :-(. It works,
however, if I set TDS to v. 4.2.

I'm running php 4.1.2 with apache 1.3.23 on S.U.S.E. Linux 7.2 (kernel
2.4.4)

hope this helps
Gerhard