freetds - Re: freetds and php

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tim Uckun <tim AT diligence.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: freetds and php
  • Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:58:19 -0700

At 09:03 AM 3/8/2002 -0500, gerhard.bremer AT gft.com wrote:
Hi all,

just had some trouble getting PHP running with ctlib. After some fiddling
around I found out that in tds7_send_login config->app_name and
config->host_name were passed in as NULLs which caused the strlen
statements to segfault. I worked around this by setting these two values
to some more acceptable values if they are NULL. Now connecting to
MSSQL7/W2K works just fine. Maybe someone more familiar with freetds could
look for a more mature solution to this (fix in ctlib?).
I also tried connecting to MSSQL2K using TDS 7 but no go :-(. It works,
however, if I set TDS to v. 4.2.

How did you compile php? did you install the CTlib? where did you get that?
I have been trying php built --with-sybase=/user/local/freetds but like I said I have datetime problems.
Are you able to see datetime fields without a problem? how about timestamp fields?

:wq

Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
http://www.diligence.com/