freetds - Re: sqsh, freebsd, mssql

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: sqsh, freebsd, mssql
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:49:53 -0500

> From: FxM [mailto:mastronardif AT netcarrier.com]
> Sent: January 25, 2002 3:00 PM
>
> I did export TDSVER=7.0
> sqsh -SMyServer70 -Usa -P
> I get
> connect: Can't assign requested address

The UG says you'd need TDSVER=70 (not 7.0). That might matter. I'd unset
the variable, because it just confuses things.

Do you really mean $SYBASE/freetds.conf? That could only work by
coincidence. See the comments in the file:

# FreeTDS will search for a conf file in the following order:
#
# 1) check if a file was set programatically via dbsetifile() and
# is in .conf format, if so use that,
#
# 2) look in ~/.freetds.conf
#
# 3) look in @sysconfdir@/freetds.conf

Hypothesis: You see "Can't assign requested address" because "MyServer70"
isn't mentioned in $SYBASE/interfaces, and freetds.conf isn't where FreeTDS
is looking for it. I'd try:

$ mv $SYBASE/freetds.conf ~/.freetds.conf

and see what happens.