freetds - Re: ANSI-fication

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Eleveld <ihermit2 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ANSI-fication
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:26:12 -0800 (PST)

In the interest of pursuing this lofty goal of getting
prototypes and other things in agreement, I have
downloaded the nightly snapshot. I have run into a
problem with compilation. It would appear that there
are compiler specific flags in the Makefile.in. The
additions that do not seem to work for me(AIX Visual
Age For C++ batch compiler 5.02) are:
-Wp,-MD,.deps/$(*F).pp

Is this intentional? And if so or not can somethign
be done about it?

--- "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com> wrote:
> At 8:49 AM -0800 1/23/02, Chris Eleveld wrote:
> >I've been pondering going through the sources and
> >cleaning up warnings and other ANSI issues due to
> >mismatched assignments adding/correcting prototypes
> >things like that. Since, I suspect it will
> generate a
> >fairly hefty patch what are my chances of getting
> such
> >a moster accepted?
>
> I have no idea what those who have check-in rights
> will say, but
> since such a patch would improve portability, allow
> for better
> optimizations by the compiler, and no doubt uncover
> a slew of latent
> bugs, I cast my vote in favor of it. I'm pretty
> sure, for example,
> that I've seen places where an unsigned variable is
> compared to a
> negative constant; compilers with ANSI checking
> turned on will
> generally flag those.
> --
> Craig A. Berry
> mailto:craigberry AT mac.com
>
> "Literary critics usually know what they're
> talking about. Even if they're wrong."
> -- Perl creator Larry Wall
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as:
> [ihermit2 AT yahoo.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')