freetds - Re: ANSI-fication

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ANSI-fication
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:48:00 -0600

At 8:49 AM -0800 1/23/02, Chris Eleveld wrote:
>I've been pondering going through the sources and
>cleaning up warnings and other ANSI issues due to
>mismatched assignments adding/correcting prototypes
>things like that. Since, I suspect it will generate a
>fairly hefty patch what are my chances of getting such
>a moster accepted?

I have no idea what those who have check-in rights will say, but
since such a patch would improve portability, allow for better
optimizations by the compiler, and no doubt uncover a slew of latent
bugs, I cast my vote in favor of it. I'm pretty sure, for example,
that I've seen places where an unsigned variable is compared to a
negative constant; compilers with ANSI checking turned on will
generally flag those.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

"Literary critics usually know what they're
talking about. Even if they're wrong."
-- Perl creator Larry Wall

  • ANSI-fication, Chris Eleveld, 01/23/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: ANSI-fication, Craig A. Berry, 01/23/2002
    • Re: ANSI-fication, Chris Eleveld, 01/24/2002