freetds - Re: Seg fault on connect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Seg fault on connect
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:33:36 -0500 (EST)

Steve,

James Cameron fixed it on Jan 12 according to the ChangeLog, I followed up
last night with a quick hack to return a error message to the client app
(using the tds_client_msg() function). So now if the client apps sets the
callbacks before login (which SQSH does nicely) we'll get:

Server 'foo' not found!

which means that FreeTDS could resolve the servername to a useful IP
address the by normal means. In no cirumstance should we now be
segfaulting. So grabbing the nightly snapshot or CVS may provide some
enlightenment on the subject.

Additionally, I merged some patches (openlink sent in their changes),
added TDSPool to the autoconf stuff and added a configuration file to
control it. So, once I work out a few more nuances with tdspool, I'll put
out a 0.54pre1

Brian