freetds - RE: Seg fault on connect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Seg fault on connect
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:59:55 -0500

[...]
> I am trying to connect to a ms server 2000 and sql 7 with sp 3
> From a redhat linux 7.2 machine.
> Tried building freetds as 7.0 and 4.2

Mitch,

Could you post:

1. a ping to your server (so we can see the name & address), and
2. the freetds.conf entry for your server.

You are using 0.53, yes?

I don't mean to be tiresome; it's just that your set up should work if
correctly installed and configured. The fact that you can connect with the
the jdbc (jTDS?) driver indicates you know the machine/server/port numbers
and have a valid account. Sqsh eliminates a host of PHP issues. So I'm
stumped at the moment.