freetds - Seg fault on connect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mitch" <mitch AT digitalbrewing.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Seg fault on connect
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:02:19 -0500

Hi I tried to use sqsh to get further along than I did when using php.
However with sqsh or php I get a seg fault. This occurs during the
connect in php and immediately after entering my password in sqsh.
I run sqsh with the line
./sqsh -S servername -U username -P password
and this gives me an immediate segfault
Then I tried
./sqsh -S servername -U username
it asks for my password and after I enter it, it immediately segfaults.

I am trying to connect to a ms server 2000 and sql 7 with sp 3
>From a redhat linux 7.2 machine.
Tried building freetds as 7.0 and 4.2
Tried sqsh, php 3.06 and php 4.1
Since I am running out of time, does anyone know an alternative that I can
use today?? Or a fix for this basic error.

Thanks
Mitch