freetds - Re: Select * Problem...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Geoff Winkless" <geoff AT farmline.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Select * Problem...
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 21:11:43 -0000

"Carl Ballenger" <cballenger AT schoolkey.com> wrote:
> No need to be short.

You're here asking questions, Bob is giving up his time to help you out for
free. You signally failed to answer the questions to which _he_ is the one
qualified to decide whether or not the answers would be helpful. Don't then
come back and whinge about the way in which he responded, which (IMO) was
actually very restrained.

> My tables are most likely not the problem. I have
> another server which is talking fine with TDS 7.0 with the same database
> structure.

So you're saying that TDS7 works fine but TDS4.2 doesn't? So what makes you
think that that would mean the tables are not the problem? There are certain
things that TDS7 can handle and TDS4.2 cannot.

Now try answering the questions put to you and don't be so damn arrogant
when you're asking for a favour.

Geoff