freetds - 0.53 Release Candidate 2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: 0.53 Release Candidate 2
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 17:51:42 -0500 (EST)

I've added Michael's patches for DBD::Sybase 0.94 since they were very
non-instrusive (thought they were there already actually...). Michael
mentioned some specific shortcomings when using FreeTDS with DBD::Sybase,
but at least it'll build, and run most stuff.

So, unless I hear something by tuesday (my last work day for the
year) I'll release it on wednesday. I'd appreciate hearing any "seems to
work" reports as well, as I got no feedback on the last candidate.

By the way Michael, if you're reading, this release does work with the
ct_dynamic() sample you sent me, but DBD::Sybase only partly works.
Specifically, it works for insert/update on char fields only. Numeric
datatypes (int, float, etc..) all get the same value, and doing some
debugging all bound values had the exact same memory address, so I'm not
sure what is precisely the problem, but it works in C. selects on the
other hand fail in C and Perl, so that is my problem exclusively.

As for other non-working Perlisms, I'm (yet again) fairly strapped for
time, so they are unlikely to get fixed without a) somebody else doing it
or b) someone providing a unittest to demo the missing functionality. I
would actually like to fix it, I just don't have the time to spend
tracking it down right now.

Happy Holidays,

Brian