freetds - Re: 0.53 Release Candidate 2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 0.53 Release Candidate 2
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:46:55 -0600

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 05:55:17PM -0500, Brian Bruns wrote:
> Oops,

> Should have said, tarball is in the usual location:

> ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/freetds-0.53rc2.tgz

Seems to be pushing the envelope as far as ODBC is concerned. :) I can
no longer build the ODBC driver against the (somewhat outdated) iodbc
packages in Debian, I have to use my (freshly cut and not yet uploaded)
unixodbc packages instead. On the plus side, building against unixodbc
gets me a driver that isn't segfaulting every 5 seconds, which is where
I was with the last pre-release on Linux/Alpha.

sqsh works fine for the limited SQL that I use it with; so if anything's
broken there, it's nothing so profound as to make things unusable for
me. :)

I'll test with DBD::Sybase a little later. I've tested 0.53pre3 with
DBD::Sybase 0.93, and haven't seen any major problems, but I also don't
have a serious regression-testing suite for DBD::Sybase, either -- just
a few scripts that test the things we actually use.

Cheers,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer