freetds - Re: bypassing /etc/freetds.conf or interfaces file

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "David Nahman" <vanyadogue AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: bypassing /etc/freetds.conf or interfaces file
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:32:03 -0500

Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I discovered that it works like you said and my
problem lies with inet_ntoa under IRIX.

Inet_ntoa is returning 0.0.0.0 for any valid ip address that is retrieved
by gethostbyname when compiling under IRIX64. I verified that this works
under irix by compiling a sample program outside of freetds, and it works
as it is supposed to. Moving that sample code inside of lookup_host and I
still get 0.0.0.0 (I've verified the bytes in hostent->host_addr are
correct).

So, I'm trying to figure out if there is a flag configuration that I need
to pass to configure. Right now I'm using: --prefix=<mypath>
--disable-shared and
--with-tdsver=7.0. I've tried no --host flag, --host=mips-sgi and
--host=mips-sgi-irix.

Any thoughts that you or others might have would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
--David