freetds - Re: bypassing /etc/freetds.conf or interfaces file

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT fax.sno.cpqcorp.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: bypassing /etc/freetds.conf or interfaces file
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:46:24 +1100

"Mark J. Lilback" wrote:
> As far as I know, no. I do this manually in my copy of the code.
> However, I was going to propose adding this in as a configure flag
> once I had time to make the changes in the current CVS tree.
> Anyone have a problem with adding this as an option?

I have no problem, but doesn't it already just work by specifying the IP
address or host name of the server, username and password? It does for
me in PHP; no need to edit freetds.conf or interfaces.

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT compaq.com)

Not the Director of Titanic, but he had his name before I did.