freetds - compiling ctlib examples on Mac OS X

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "John Gilmore-Baldwin" <jbaldwin AT dmreg.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: compiling ctlib examples on Mac OS X
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:28:12 -0500

I've done a lot of work with DBD::Sybase and SybPerl, but now I need to do
some work in C.

I thought I'd grab the example files from our Sybase installation from the
$SYBASE/sample/ctlibrary/* directory and try to compile them.

The goal is to make these run on Mac OS X. However, compiling them fails
miserably. I've set up the makefile with a "mac" environment and set up my
SYBASE and SYBPLATFORM environment variables, so it tries to compile, but
it just chokes immediately.

Below is the beginning of the error messages I get, if it's any help. I
got similar errors trying to compile the dblib examples, so it's probabaly
in my setup. (The examples compiled fine on our Sun box with the Sybase
libraries.)

Are there any pointers to help me get started.

Thanks,
John Gilmore-Baldwin

[john:~/SybaseTests] john% make compute
sh sybopts.sh verify; \
`sh sybopts.sh compile` -I. -I/usr/local/freetds/include -DDEBUG
-Dmac=1 -c exutils.c -o exutils.o
SYBPLATFORM is mac
Compiling with cc -g -ansi -pedantic -pipe -Wall -Wtraditional
-Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Bstatic
Sybase base libraries: -ltcl -linsck -lcomn -lintl
System libraries: -lm
exutils.h:47: illegal external declaration, missing `;' after
`ex_display_dlen'
exutils.h:48: illegal external declaration, missing `;' after `column'