freetds - Re: Installing freetds in linux - Help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT fax.sno.cpqcorp.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Installing freetds in linux - Help
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:39:15 +1100

Waidele,

When you build PHP you would have been given a PHP binary. I'm not sure
which directory it is built in; I'm using Debian's build environment and
it may have been modified from the upstream release. However, for me
the binary was called 'php4'.

Test the binary by first activating it;

echo "test"|./php4

This will generate a HTTP header showing the version of PHP.

If that works, give it your source file that is causing the no-data
result on a Netscape browser;

./php4 /var/www/buggy.php

It will generate the HTML output. If it fails to do that, the least it
should do is indicate the cause of the failure. If it doesn't even do
that, then it is time to try this;

% gdb php4
(gdb) run /var/www/buggy.php
(gdb) bt

So as to find where in the source code the fault is happening.

--
James Cameron