freetds - Re: dbconvert function in db-lib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: dbconvert function in db-lib
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:17:15 -0500

Cheers Brian,

I guess I'll do this as well, then.
It's pretty much the last issue with my rework of bcp.c

It can now parse a file where :

* The host file columns are in a different order from the database columns
* The host file columns are a subset of the database columns
* The host file columns are a superset of the database columns
* The host file columns are an intersect with the database columns
* the host file columns are of different types to the database columns
(except dates as strings!)

* The host file columns are delimited, length-prefixed or of a maximum
length (or combinations of all 3 specified!)

This should allow me to write a "bcp" executable quite easily now.

Bill