freetds - Re: infinite loop in odbctest

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Paivi Salonen" <SalonenP AT scc-fl.com>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: infinite loop in odbctest
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:03:49 -0500

>>> camber AT ais.org 12/03/01 07:04PM >>>

As far as the unicode table goes, the log is showing:

2001-12-03 16:06:23 Msg 4004, Level 16, State 1, Server SCC-NT-IVR, Line 1
ntext data cannot be sent to clients using DB-Library (such as ISQL) or
ODBC version 3.7 or earlier.

Which basically means that TDS version 4.2 does not support unicode
fields. I need to look into why the error is not propagating up to the
ODBC driver. Unicode support in general in freetds is a little spotty,
look at the 'client charset' settings in freetds.conf (see:
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/unicode.html )

So, by specifying tds version = 7.0 in freetds.conf I am not actually
accomplishing anything? it was my understanding that I need to compile with
tdsver=4.2 and then add 7.0 to the conf file.

What should i have in the client charset? I was thinking it defaults to
something that fits US.

As far as non-unicode goes, I'm not seeing anything strange in the log,
can you post either the ddl for your table or the output of sp_help on it?

sp_help?

Paivi