freetds - infinite loop in odbctest

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Paivi Salonen" <SalonenP AT scc-fl.com>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: infinite loop in odbctest
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 12:18:45 -0500

I can get to the sql prompt by using odbctest from iodbc package. when i type
a basic select statement i get to an infinite loop that crashes the ssh
client. and what flies by on the screen are messages like 'statement 5386
returned 0 rows'.

i think the number starts from 1 and gets caught around 5700-5800 and stays
there looping. our database has about 2470 records.

if i try the same thing through a php page, the page never loads (but it is
trying). finally i get the php error about the script going over the max
execution time defined in php.ini.

freetds was compiled with these params:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --with-iodbc=/usr/local/iodbc
--with-dbmfix --with-tdsver=4.2

odbc.ini:
[IVR2]
Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Servername = IVR2
Database = catalog
FetchBufferSize = 99
UID = username
PWD = passsword
Trace = no

freetds.conf:
[IVR2]
host = 192.168.11.8
tds version = 7.0
try server logins = yes
port = 1433

and i am trying to connect to sql7 on win2k. i believe the freetds driver is
almost the latest one from CVS.

so, any ideas?

paivi