freetds - ODBC in CVS head: SQL_DATETIME?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: ODBC in CVS head: SQL_DATETIME?
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:30:36 -0600

Hello,

As of revision 1.2 of src/odbc/odbc.c (which includes a changelog entry
reading 'fixed SQL_DATE things in ODBC'), this file contains a reference
to a SQL_DATETIME constant. However, I've been unable to locate this
macro in either the iODBC headers or the unixodbc 2.0.8 headers, and its
abence naturally causes compilation of the ODBC driver to fail. I have
found one reference to SQL_DATETIME in the unixodbc 2.0.11 headers, so
compilation against unixodbc is possible. But how should this be
handled so that people who only have iODBC installed can still compile
this driver?

I see SQL_DATE used elsewhere in the source, and SQL_DATE and
SQL_DATETIME both have the same value in unixodbc 2.0.11. Is it
acceptable to s/SQL_DATETIME/SQL_DATE/ on the source and call it good,
or is this just a coincidence?

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer