freetds - Re: problems with freetds and php

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: problems with freetds and php
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:45:49 -0500 (EST)

First of --enable-msdblib is only useful for porting Win32 dblib programs
to FreeTDS, so you can drop it.

Secondly, are you using freetds.conf or interfaces? Send the relevant
entries for which ever one you are using and if using interfaces make sure
the SYBASE environment variable is set.

Thirdly, which version of FreeTDS are you using? If not a CVS snapshot,
please try that to see if this is a bug that has been fixed.

And lastly, grab SQSH (http://www.sqsh.org) compile and run to see if this
is a general FreeTDS problem or some interaction with PHP. See the user
guide on freetds.org from compile directions.

Brian

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Laszlo Murvai-Buzogany wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I'm having some problems with freetds. I tried to compile PHP to be able
> to use MSSql from it, but it just gives me segfaults. My options to
> configure freetds were: --with-tdsver=4.2 --enable-msdblib. After it, just
> wanted to compile a PHP CGI to test it, with the options:
> --with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds --with-db2=no --with-db3=no --with-dbm=no
> just to avoid the duplicate dbopen symbol. (Tried these options in many
> other ways, with and without dbmfix, but it just turned out to fail.)
> After succesful compilation and installation tried to connect to mssql
> database, but it gives me the segmentation fault error. I just paste some
> of the lines of strace php
> < myscript.php, maybe some of you have already a solution for my problem.
>
> -- strace output, last 8 rows:
> read(3, "", 4096) = 0
> close(3) = 0
> munmap(0x40221000, 4096) = 0
> open("/home/scissors/.freetds.conf", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file
> or directory)
> socket(PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_IP) = 3
> connect(3, {sin_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(1433),
> sin_addr=inet_addr("10.0.0.1")}}, 16) = 0
> --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ---
> +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
>
> Thanks for the eventual help,
>
> Laszlo
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [camber AT ais.org]

  • problems with freetds and php, Laszlo Murvai-Buzogany, 11/23/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: problems with freetds and php, Brian Bruns, 11/23/2001