freetds - Re: Mac OS X install directions / web pages / other help resources?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Mac OS X install directions / web pages / other help resources?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 01:29:55 -0500

James Cameron wrote:
> James L & Brian: since the FAQ says it covers issues found since
> release, this MAC OS X issue could do with being added. Want me to
> handle that? (Have I your permission also to hack at a bit of the
> language to make it more technical and less emotive?)

James,

Yes, please, by all means. Sometimes the precision of the text suffers
from my lack of experience I was looking it over the other day when
someone asked a JDBC question, and was struck by how it's gotten better
lately.

And, in this particular instance, I think your knowledge would be
especially helpful. If someone said AC_FUNC_MALLOC to me, I'd probably
guess it was something to do with autoconf (and not, say, a town in
Afghanistan), but it's just not something I know much about.

You might be interested to know, by the way, that I recently scrounged a
pair of VaxStation 4000's. I think that puts me in the running for most
CPU years per square foot in Manhattan. I got them partly out of
softheadedness and partly just to see how FreeTDS and NetBSD would
behave on them, now that I've traded in SYS$MANAGER for root.

I'll keep you posted, although at the rate I work I recommend you don't
hold your breath or anything. Real datetime support comes first, after
a bunch of real-life support, of course. ;)

Regards,