freetds - Re: Differences in FreeTDS and Sybase ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Differences in FreeTDS and Sybase ?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:46:41 -0400

At 9:12 PM -0400 10/22/2001, Brian Bruns wrote:
This was discussed some months ago on the list, along with a couple ways
to go about solving it. But, all of them involved breaking the libtds
interface, but we basically decided that was acceptable IIRC, just no one
actually did the work ;-)

I hacked around it in an unthread safe manner, but I needed something for people to see. I just added a global char* ptr in the tds level and changed tds_process_message in token.c so that if there is a message but no tds->parent, it copies it to the global string.

A correct solution does require breaking the libtds interface, but that was more than I feel comfortable tackling. However, I might do that when I start digging into the freeTDS code when I update my copy to the current cvs tree. (But that's probably a few weeks away, at least.)

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin