freetds - Re: Charset problem in freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Charset problem in freetds
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:37:21 -0400

All,

For anyone who cares and hasn't seen it, there's a fairly succinct
description of Sybase's character set handling in their International
Developer's Guide at
http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-cn/cng1250e/i_and_l/@Generic__Bo
okView

Specifically,
http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-cn/cng1250e/i_and_l/@Generic__Bo
okTextView/3170;pt=3129

In a nutshell, from what I can see, the server converts between several
character sets. The client's default character set is determined from the
locale environment variables, and ct_bind can be used to coerce other
conversions.

I found no localization or character set support in the db-lib docs.

--jkl