freetds - Re: philosophy

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Norman Palardy <palardyn AT mac.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: philosophy
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:54:38 -0600

Sort of.
I'm glad to have access to a project like this and the outcomes it can produce.

But, I have to admit that as someone who only wants to use the resulting products it's been a bit frustrating trying to discern what I need to do to get an install going on my particular environment.

I will probably never contribute anything in the way of source code for FreeTDS or SQSH. Not because I can't code; because that's not how I want to be able to use it.

If I could simply grab a binary that would install and run on my set up I would be absolutely ecstatic. Hell, I'd pay for it !!!

But I must admit that I am quite impressed with the range of ports that FreeTDS has available.
Can't say for SQSH because I haven't dowloaded it ... yet. Just about to do that