freetds - Re: changing port (again)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Darryl Friesen" <Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: changing port (again)
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:27:23 -0600

> >mssql_connect ("172.16.2.2,7443","usersql","passwd") or die ("No...
> >sorry\n")
>
> How about mssql_connect("172.16.2.2:7443","usersql","passwd") ....

I don't think that will work either. I'm almost positive that for Sybase
and MSSQL the only valid server name is the alias from the interfaces file.
It's the interfaces file that determines the actual hostname and port
number.

This differs from most other database clients (like MySQL for example) where
you specify the host.domain and port number in the connect statement.

>From what you've said, this _should_ work.

The only other suggestions I have involve upgrading FreeTDS to 0.52 (or a
snapshot from CVS) and/or PHP (I don't think you mentioned what version you
had). Perhaps it's one of those that's causing the problem.

- Darryl

Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca
Education & Research Technology Services, http://gollum.usask.ca/
Information Technology Services Division,
University of Saskatchewan
"Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes"