freetds - Re: MS SQL Server 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: MS SQL Server 7.0
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:15:25 -0700

> Where can TDS 7.0 be downloaded? FreeTDS.org says that latest
> version is .51? Also, what I need is a jdbc implementation of
> it, is there versiohn 7 release of that, or that's completely
> different?

TDS is the "Tabular Data Stream" -- the protocol used to talk
to SQL Server. It is not to be confused with "FreeTDS", which
is an open source implementation of the client side of the TDS
protocol.

The details of TDS, and which version of the protocol are used
with which versions of the server product, are reasonably well
documented at the freetds.org website.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org