freetds - Re: MS SQL Server 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: MS SQL Server 7.0
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 07:48:42 -0400 (EDT)

Where specifically does it say it is not complete? Our implementation
of TDS 4.2 is more mature than the 7.0 implementation, but there are many
people using 7.0. SQL Server 7 will operate using either TDS 7.0 or 4.2
(however 4.2 has some limitations such as truncation of long character
fields).

Brian