freetds - Re: java.sql.SQLException: Protocol confusion. Got a 0x79 packe

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: java.sql.SQLException: Protocol confusion. Got a 0x79 packe
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:42:10 -0700

> Hi, May I ask what distinguishes your version of the freetds jdbc
> driver, the one on sourceforge, and the one at freetds.org?

The "current" version at freetds.org is the base version, from
which the other two are derived. While the original developer,
Craig Spannring, has done an excellent job with it, it's very
incomplete. Development has effectively stopped because of
Craig's other commitments, and he's been reluctant to give
anyone else commit access to CVS.

My version contains some bug fixes as well as enhancements to
the CallableStatement class including support for output
parameters. It also adds (very) preliminary support for the
datatypes in SQL Server 2000 and improved support for bit fields.

The version at SourceForge is the work of Chris Stevenson.
He's cleaned up the code a bit and reorganized it, as well
as adding some support for scrollable cursors.

I'm in the process of merging my changes into SourceForge. The
work is done, but it failed about 5 unit tests that were
previously passing. Once I resolve these failures, I'll be
checking my changes in.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org