freetds - Re: java.sql.SQLException: Protocol confusion. Got a 0x79 packe

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ed phillips <artlore AT sirius.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: java.sql.SQLException: Protocol confusion. Got a 0x79 packe
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 07:14:36 -0700

Curt,

Hi, May I ask what distinguishes your version of the freetds jdbc
driver,
the one on sourceforge, and the one at freetds.org?

I'm trying to connect to a remote MSSQL server from Linux and the driver
is loading but I still can't get in, I'm thinking it is a security model
problem
as per FAQ question 6.3. I've sent an email to the admin enquiring as to
the
mode employed.

In the meantime, I'm still curious as to the enhancements you may have
made.
Neither your homepage nor the sourceforge site seems to have much
documentation
as to what those enhancements are.

Thanks,

Ed