freetds - Re: Using freetds in a applet

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Using freetds in a applet
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 06:34:07 -0700

> When I use the applet within a HTML page - (laying on the same
> server like the database) - the connection to the database fails.
> I tried already some other (not free) drivers - with those the
> connection also worked within the HTML page ...

It's quite possible that the security settings for the browser
prevent the use of reflection. The current version of the FreeTDS
driver uses the reflection API to switch between JDBC version 1
and JDBC version 2 at runtime.

See java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org