freetds - Re: apache+php+freetds segmentation fault

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Clemens Martin" <martin AT arkaden.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: apache+php+freetds segmentation fault
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:30:43 -0400

> This generally happens when freetds can't find the server. Either because
> it's missing from the freetds.conf file or if you're using the interfaces
> file, you don't have $SYBASE set to the installation directory. A less
> likely reason is you don't have $LD_LI?RARY_PATH or ld.so.conf modified to
> include the path to $SYBASE/lib.
>
> make sure you are export SYBASE prior to launching apache or putting the
> SetEnv SYBASE /usr/local/freetds directory in httpd.conf
>
> I'm trying to get a patch together to fix (to at least return an
> intelligent message) this but been busy with big endian patches (TDS 7 now
> works on Sparc and LinuxPPC if you use the CVS version with a couple small
> issues to still resolve, thank Paul Schaap for doing the testing on this
> one).

Does that mean, that there are problems with 0.52 and Solaris Sparc (2.7).

I have a configuration running on a Solaris x86 box which I need to
port to a Sparc.
I double checked several times that I used the same software versions
with the same config options in both cases, but my little test connect
produces 4 segmentation faults in the apache logfile.

Is there anyplace else where I could look to find out what is going on?

Is php 4.0.5 apache 1.3.19 and freetds 0.52 a working configuration on
a Solaris 2.7. Sparc box?

kind regards

C. Martin